We have a touchscreen kiosk cobbled together from a mini-PC, a giant touch
panel, Google Maps, some SVGs, and D3.js. The popular features are (in
order):

* In-building wayfinding ("Where's room 312?")
* On-campus wayfinding ("Where's the admissions office?")
* Event locations ("Where is the RefWorks workshop?")
* Library hours.
* Guided tour-type stuff ("Visit our other libraries!" Mostly used by
families on admissions visits)
* Computer availability. Our library contains most of the public terminals
on campus, and the kiosk displays which ones are available.
* Local bus routes and times (using TransLoc for route monitoring)

Stuff that doesn't get used:

* "About the Librarian"
* Book locator.

Ben