Hi Adam,

It might be helpful for me to clarify that GOKb is a two-year project (not
one year as the article states), and our first public release is scheduled
for the end of August. We are still in the process of establishing
relationships with other knowledge base products, and we are currently
developing a partnership model that will allow commercial entities to
become data contributors to GOKb. We're hopeful that commercial knowledge
base vendors will be interested in contributing elements of their data,
particularly proprietary identifiers for packages, titles, and holdings.
Having this data in GOKb would allow users to map data across systems,
facilitating not just interoperability between GOKb and other knowledge
bases, but also between various commercial products. GOKb has been in
dialogue with vendors such as EBSCO, ExLibris, OCLC and Serials Solutions
to this end.

We're also interested to know what you and the rest of the Code4Lib
community think about the potential for GOKb to interoperate with other
systems. Are there other ways you'd like to see this put into practice?

Best,

Kristen Wilson
Associate Head, Acquisitions and Discovery
GOKb Editor
North Carolina State University Libraries
919-513-3354