From a development standpoint, I have really enjoyed using Stripe (
https://stripe.com/).  They offer some great hooks to get done anything
I've ever wanted to do, and the payment processing is all done on Stripe's
servers - no PCI/DSS compliance issues to worry about!  I've implemented
instances in PHP, C# and Python, and a very basic implementation in Node.JS
-  I know they have examples in lots of other languages as well.

I couldn't tell from your question if you were looking for a pre-packaged
solution, or something you could develop/work with in-house.

.m