| Does anyone else find this stuff interesting?

Absolutely.

I have a slew of jQuery scripts I've put together to add in small bits of
(missing) functionality here-and-there, mostly based on suggestions/trouble
tickets from staff. These are far from plugins, though. Nonetheless, I
should go about sharing these scripts someday...

And I'd be very interested to see other institutions' stab at best
practices for LibGuides.

FWIW, I've been a regular on the SpringShare internal forums "Lounge" and
I've made a number suggestions on how to improve LibGuides functionality &
workflow support. There is a good community on that forum and my
suggestions tend to receive prompt attention.