All,

After a break of a few years THATCamp Canberra returns, now hosted by
the National Library of Australia.

Cheers, Tim

------------------------------

THATCamp Canberra 2014

As part of Trove's 5th birthday celebrations in November, we'll be
hosting THATCamp Canberra, a digital humanities unconference. It's
free, fun, and open to anyone interested in exploring the intersection
of technology and the humanities.

WHEN: 31 October -- 2 November 2014
WHERE: National Library of Australia, Canberra
DETAILS & REGISTRATION: http://canberra2014.thatcamp.org/
COST: Free!

THATCamps (The Humanities And Technology) explore the possibilities
and problems raised by the application of technology to the
humanities. They're unconferences, which means no prepared talks or
Powerpoint -- the program is developed on the spot based on the
interests of participants. Do you want to know more about new tools or
methods for digital research? Visualisation? Big data? APIs?
Digitisation? THATCamps are a great place to start.

THATCamp Canberra 2014 is being hosted by Trove at the National
Library of Australia. The Trove team is always on the lookout for
innovative research using our data. We know there's some exciting
projects out there, but we want more! We also want to help people make
use of our API to build tools and interfaces, or simply streamline
their research. Trove and THATCamp seem like a perfect match.

Don't be intimidated -- everyone from complete newbies to hardened
coders will be welcome at THATCamp Canberra. And to help you find your
feet we'll be starting off with a series of workshops to introduce
some of the tools, methods, technologies and standards used in the
digital humanities.

Register now -- places are limited!

--
Dr Tim Sherratt ([log in to unmask])
Manager, Trove, National Library of Australia

Words - http://www.discontents.com.au
Experiments - http://wraggelabs.com
@wragge on Twitter