On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 10:11 AM, Terry Reese <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> ...  In fact, I wouldn't even resort the data to begin with ...

Ding! Ding! Ding!

And we have a winner for easiest and most practical solution. Any user
display is either not going to display the control number being appended at
all, or it will list it wherever it is already listing it. So no need to
reposition it.

As far as grouchy catalogers go, fewer and fewer systems display bib
records that look a lot like legal documents from bygone times. There are a
few holdouts (mostly in environments where the display is optimized for
staff rather than users), but that battle was decided years ago.

kyle