Martin Magdinier just published the 2014 OpenRefine user survey results: http://openrefine.org/2014/08/29/2014-survey-results.html

> One of four OpenRefine user identified himself as librarians making this group the the largest of OpenRefine user base. The Researcher and Open Data enthusiasts represent the two second largest group, each representing over 15% of the userbase. Finally Data journalist and Semantic web each represent around 10%.

The OpenRefine team is investigating how to better engage the user community, encourage problem reports, collect feature requests, etc. I know they'd appreciate any feedback.
They're also wanting to validate possible business models, e.g. OR in the cloud.

Jason

Jason Stirnaman
Lead, Library Technology Services
University of Kansas Medical Center