Hello,

At this point in my career I'm totally sold on the idea of getting rid of the reference desk and iRoving. At the libraries I've worked at(4 community colleges) iRoving was very suitable, however I think that every library is different.

One of the issues we've found with a complete iRoving solution to reference is: "where is the librarian." With convergence, mapping and geolocation, and devices like a smart watch; This becomes more possible.

I could also imagine using it as a library card and for self-check out via a library app. The Augmented reality possibilities along with some possibilities in conjunction with a 3D printer comes to mind.

I like the idea of shelf reading and pushing call numbers too. The phone seems to be getting pushed to its holder, pocket, or purse; and serving as the processing hub for wearables.

Sent from my iPhone