Of course, MARC. I use Millennium ILS' bulk editing modules (Rapid|Global
Update) or pymarc.

We have a digital repository, EQUELLA, which lets you use custom metadata
schemas or preconfigured ones. We use a heavily modified MODS schema.
Format is XML.

I haven't done a ton of XML processing but I edit in Sublime Text and not a
specialized XML editor like Oxygen. Plug-ins like Emmet, XML lint, and the
built-in regex search-and-replace save me some time. On the command line, I
use typical UNIX text processing tools like sed but will probably find a
need for xmlstarlet at some point.

Not quite what you asked but I do a *ton* of work with CSV exports from
various systems and newline delimited text data. Again, standard UNIX tools
are super useful here, less sed than sort, uniq. I'm starting to get into
Python's csvkit, too.

I dream of all this happening in JSON. The small tools I write for myself
use JSON configuration files. Yaml is pretty, too.

Best,
Eric