Greetings,

Please excuse any cross-posting

We are pleased to officially announce successful conclusion of the Lifecycle
Management of Electronic Theses & Dissertations (ETDs) project, which was
generously funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
In every way the project has been a huge success! We owe that success to
our Project Staff, Project Steering Committee, the Networked Digital
Library of Theses & Dissertations (NDLTD) and the entire U.S. and
international ETD community.

Our *Guidance Documents for Lifecycle Management of ETDs* have gotten
incredible uptake by the ETD community, with special thanks to the NDLTD
for hosting and disseminating the publication.

Our *ETD Lifecycle Management Tools Manual* is a wonderfully useful
contribution to the field - helping to raise awareness about the importance
of using curation and preservation technologies on behalf of ETDs

Our *ETD Lifecycle Management Workshop* has also been extremely well
attended at major ETD conferences (TxETDA, USetdA, ETD) and has helped to
further the use of both the Guidance Documents and the Lifecycle Management
Tools.

Each of the above deliverables is freely available under open source and
Creative Commons licenses. They can be obtained on the Educopia Institute
website and very soon on the NDLTD website.

http://www.educopia.org/research/etd

http://www.ndltd.org/resources/manage-etds

We encourage the ETD community and any other interested stakeholders in the
scholarly production process to obtain or request the materials for usage
and adoption.

On behalf of the Principal Investigators (Martin Halbert (UNT) and
Katherine Skinner (Educopia)) and the Project Managers (Matt Schultz and
Nick Krabbenhoeft) we would once again like to thank IMLS and all of our
project partners, including the University of North Texas Libraries, the
Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations, the Educopia
Institute/MetaArchive Cooperative, and the libraries of Virginia Tech, Rice
University, Boston College, Indiana State University, Pennsylvania State
University, and University of Arizona.

--
Matt Schultz
Program Manager