Cornel Darden Jr. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I believe librarians are special people. It would be nice if there were an operating system created by us. Haven't come across one though.

Back in the day, when Steve Cisler was running Apple's "Library of
Tomorrow" program, one could have made a good case for MacOS.

Back in 1994, Steve was instrumental in getting us (The Center for Civic
Networking) a grant that let us put a gaggle of Macs in several
Massachusetts public libraries -- yielding the first ever high-speed
Internet connection in a public library (Cambridge, MA) - before that,
there were some dial-up freenets, and that was it. (Thanks also to then
Continental Cablevision - our connectivity was the alpha test of their
cable modem service.)  Still the best project I ever worked on!

Miles Fidelman