I agree. I've done serious damage to my own server this way. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm completely capable of this. Unlike others, who are both more intelligent and more cautious. Down the path of the wild carded, recursive delete command lies DANGER. Having a little bit of knowledge is more dangerous, in most cases, than none at all. In Unix and in whitewater rafting.
Roy