My concern would be more that given proven weaknesses in MD5, do I want to risk that 1 in a billion chance that the “right” bit error creeps into an archive that manages to not impact the checksum, thus creating the illusion that the archive integrity has not been violated?

--
Andrew Anderson, Director of Development, Library and Information Resources Network, Inc.
http://www.lirn.net/ | http://www.twitter.com/LIRNnotes | http://www.facebook.com/LIRNnotes

>>> Facebook.com/AVPreserve <http://facebook.com/AVPreserve>