Hello Sarah, hello all,
some times ago I had the same problem and came accross this blogpost
that gives some advice about how to developp an algorithm that would do
that :
http://www.hackerfactor.com/blog/index.php?/archives/432-Looks-Like-It.html
. The update section on this blogpost has some links to scripts that
implement this algorithm. My project was canceled so I can't tell you if
it works well but according to comments it can be a good solution. But
if you have money to spend on it, http://services.tineye.com/MatchEngine
is definitely a good choice as their algorithm is quite good.

Hope this helps (and maybe that since my original research is quite old
now, there are now packaged tools that do it, I don't know)

--
Sylvain Machefert - Web services librarian
http://geobib.fr/en