The has been little interest in formalizing c4l, and many folks believe
that our strength is in our ad hoc-ness.

I generally resist getting involved in discussions of standards, because
while I am a strong advocate for standards, I have been a member of NISO,
invested a lot of time in a couple standards, and I have seen how the
sausage is made, or more aptly, fails to get made. NISO (and LITA, ASIS&T,
etc.) are quite well represented on this list, and I don't believe that a
formalized c4l would give us any more say in standards that we have already.

As to the original reference, suffice it to say that I believe BISG — the
US counterpart to BIC — sees libraries as competition and will not do
anything to help them.

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Cornel Darden Jr. <[log in to unmask]

--
Cary Gordon
The Cherry Hill Company