Login to wordpress...
Appearance>Themes>Click on activate to see  the theme you want.

When i do this, i get the WSOD. I was hoping for an answer from the
software authors.

It seems that this theme when activated needs also some plugins to be
installed along

http://thomasgriffinmedia.com/blog/2011/09/automatically-install-plugins-with-themes-for-wordpress/

So i was hoping for some answer from the software authors, there may be
some prerequisite actions i am missing.

Drupal has strong, well-supported and proven media tools.

I agree, but looking at the librarylearn demo, made us really want to give
it a try.

Thank you all for your answers