We held our first meeting as an un-conference this Sunday, 09/11/2014, at the library of the Tel Aviv Museum of Arts and we are exited to bring the Code4Lib movement to Israel.

With about 20 participants we gathered requests for topics to discuss, to learn and also what everyone has to share with the community. Discussions were held on mobile applications, code maintenance, integration of specific databases into ILS and library websites, integration of VuFind, and linked data/semantic web. Additional topics were suggested and will be discussed by email, in future meetings and smaller groups.

Code4Lib complements other professional organizations and meetings in Israel, but is unique in providing a more informal  platform for direct exchange. The participants were all enthuastic and we clearly feel there is a need for such oppurtunities.