The Digital Liberal Arts Librarian position is designed to enhance the liberal arts at Hope College by empowering faculty, librarians, and students to make full and better use of the digital technologies that are reshaping pedagogical approaches and transforming
research throughout the liberal arts. This position is designed to allow the library to better support and inspire classroom and library faculty by providing personal assistance, workshop training, and tools to encourage the integration of digital technologies
- Foster a collaborative network of services on campus that support teaching and learning with technology and digital scholarship.
- Support the integration of established and emerging technologies into the curriculum and into the scholarly practice of our community.
- Foster successful adoption of best practices and applications in the digital liberal arts and collaborate with students, classroom and library faculty in an established DLA program.
- Coordinate the development of workshops (in partnership with librarians, the Director of the DLA program and the Director of Academic Computing).
- Lead the development of learning objects (modules and tutorials), for the library's website and the college's learning management system, in support of teaching.
- Collaborate with Research & Instruction Librarians to promote the integration of library resources (print and digital) into digital teaching and scholarship.
- Participate in a network of other liberal arts colleges and consortia to share best practices in digital pedagogy and scholarship.
For more information and to apply, please go to: http://www.hope.edu/employment/faculty
Senior Program Associate - Digital Library Federation
Council on Library and Information Resources
DLF Forum, Vancouver, October 26-28