4th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON AFRICAN DIGITAL LIBRARIES & ARCHIVES (ICADLA-4), GHANA
UPDATED AND REVISED CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT:
EXTENSION OF ABSTRACTS AND WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT
ICADLA is the major African forum focusing on digital libraries and associated technical, practical, organizational and social issues.ICADLA-4 will be hosted by Ghana Library Association, University of Ghana Department of Information Studies and Ghana Library Authority.
Institutional Collaboration and Participation Invited: Collaboration and participation are invited from regional and international policy and development institutions, archives, libraries, museums, government agencies and departments, all levels of educational institutions, funding institutions, and research centres.
Participants are Invited: The ICADLA Standing Committee invites participants from Africa and worldwide, including practitioners, managers and researchers in library and information sciences and services, computer science, information science, web science, data science, data management, archives and archival science, museums, information technology, medicine, social sciences, education and humanities.
Registration Fee: 400.00 Ghanaian New Cedi or $125.00USD
The ICADLA-4 Conference will take place from 28 - 29 May 2015 at the University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana.
Theme: Strategic Framework and Action Roadmap for Africa’s Digital Libraries & Archives
Proposals for Papers Invited: The Committee invites proposals for papers to address the conference theme and sub-themes. Papers must be original, and may be based on well conducted research, policy experience or best practice cases. In addition, original and well researched technical papers and case studies are invited on the following topics -
1) Development of national and international policies in relation to Africa’s special situation.
2) Best practice for collaborations and partnerships for institutional and national repositories.
3) Success factors for developing trusted repositories and ensuring the sustainability digital projects.
4) Standards, guidelines, models and best practices for metadata, system design, digital preservation, user interfaces and services, usefulness, impact, and performance evaluation.
5) Legal framework for promoting and protecting intellectual property, privacy, and electronic publishing.
6) Technical infrastructure - software, hardware, bandwidth, open source and open systems.
7) Development of institutional capacity, human resources and skills.
8) Adopting integrated approach to, content selection, digitization, curation and preservation.
9) Special need for scientific and statistical data management in Africa.
10) Funding for digital libraries, archives and museums.
Length of papers and presentations: Each paper is expected to be about 2000 words in length, and be presented and discussed within 20 minutes in about 10 slides.
Readiness to attend and present paper: Authors should be prepared to attend the conference and present their papers in person.
Funding your attendance: All expenses, including registration fee, visas, travel and accommodation, are the responsibility of authors/presenters. There should be no expectation of financial support from organizers.
The dates and deadlines for submissions of abstracts and papers have been extended as follows:
23rd December 2014
Submission of abstracts for papers (with 200-word abstract) and workshops
20th January 2014
Notification of Acceptance of Abstracts.
30th March 2015
Submission of completed draft of paper, with a commitment to attend ICADLA-4
15th April 2015
Submission of presentation slides (“PowerPoint”)
DIGITAL FUTURES TRAINING WORKSHOP DESIGNED FOR LEADERS AND DECISION MAKERS, 26th – 27 May 2015
Topics covered include: Key terms and concepts; Strategic issues; Financial issues; Enabling Access; Metadata
Understanding the Audience and Sustaining Digital Projects.
The workshop can only accommodate 30 people.
Registration fee: 400.00 Ghanaian New Cedi or $125.00USD
To download the registration forms for the Conference and the Workshop please go to: http://www.wits.ac.za/newsroom/conferences/icadla/24853/icadla42015.html. Please send completed registration forms to:
To unsubscribe from the DLF-ANNOUNCE list, click the following link: