Hi Darylyne,

This easyBorrow system was developed at Brown to mask the complexities of
our consortial and shared resource arrangements and to forestall users
going directly to the slowest and most expensive service.  It has been very
successful locally and there has been some interest in it especially from
other members of one of the consortia we belong to (BorrowDirect).  There's
contact information on the page you cite if you want more information.

Jean

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Darylyne Provost <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I'm new to Code4Lib, so just want to say "hi" first of all :)
>
> I've searched the archives but didn't find an answer. I am wondering if
> anyone has experience with Easy Borrow
> <http://library.brown.edu/its/software/easyborrow/>, or can anyone suggest
> other potential solutions to automate searching and requesting across
> multiple catalogs?
>
> I'm sure many other libraries have similar issues: our patrons have so many
> disparate catalogs to search/request it is confusing and cumbersome. I'm
> not a programmer, and we don't have one on staff at this time. So, I am
> trying to find an existing solution for which we might be able to outsource
> customization and then turn to internal (campus) support for help with
> maintenance.
>
> Many thanks in advance for any suggestions!
>
> Darylyne
>
> **************************************
> Darylyne Provost
> Assistant Director for Systems, Web, & Emerging Technologies
> Colby College
> 207.859.5117

Jean Rainwater
Head, Integrated Technology Services