I've been playing with the hours options in LibCal. I especially like being
able to pull out today's hours so easily. LibCal gives you options to do
this using HTML (iframe), JavaScript, JSON, or RSS.

HTML and JavaScript both format the output in a table, which is probably
desirable if you have multiple locations, but maybe less good if you have
one location only. That made me want to look into rolling my own solution
using the JSON option.

The problem is that to avoid XSS vulnerabilities, you can't use plain JSON,
but must instead use JSONP, which is NOT an option being offered by LibCal
(if anybody knows otherwise, I'd appreciate the information).

So, my solution was to write a meatball PHP script that wraps the JSON in a
JSONP callback. I wish I didn't have to do the extra server hop, but it
works. Here's my demo.

http://codepen.io/tomkeays/pen/EaKrgg/?editors=101

Now, I wish there was a JSON option to display a week's worth of hours for
a given location instead of just the one day's worth.