Hey, code4lib! I bet you consume fascinating media. What good books did you
read in 2014 that you think your colleagues would like, too?  (And hey,
we're all digital, so feel free to include movies and video games and so
forth.)

Mine:
http://www.obeythetestinggoat.com/ (O'Reilly book, plus read free online) -
a book on testing from a Django-centric, front end perspective. *Finally* I
get how testing works. This book rewrote my brain.

_The Warmth of Other Suns_ - finally got around to reading this magnum opus
history of the Great Migration, am halfway through, it's amazing. If you're
looking for some historical context on how we got to Ferguson, Isabel
Wilkerson has you covered.

_Her_ - Imma let you finish, Citzenfour and Big Hero 6 and LEGO movie and
Guardians of the Galaxy - you were all good - but I walked out of the
theater and literally couldn't speak after this one. Plus, funniest
throwaway scene ever. Almost fell out of my chair.

_Tim's Vermeer_ - wait, no, watch that one too. Weird tinkering genius who
can't paint obsesses over recreating a Vermeer with startling,
physics-driven results. Also, Penn Jillette.

--
Andromeda Yelton
Board of Directors, Library & Information Technology Association: