Thanks for all the good additions to my own reading list. Here are some of
mine.

Fiction Books - I tend to read urban fantasy and sci-fi, with other stuff
thrown in. I tend to graze tech books, so I won't record them.

The Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch - I'm currently reading book #4 in
the series and #5 just came out. I'm reading the UK editions, so I've been
looking up a lot of Britishisms.
Clariel by Garth Nix (book 4 in the Abhorsen series) - Nix is mostly a
young adult fantasy author, but this series is a cut above.
Raising Steam by Terry Pratchett (Discworld #40) - I re-read all of the
previous books in the series this year.
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce - I kept thinking
"what would Forrest Gump have done", but it was actually a pretty good
read.
The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon by Brad Stone - I
finished it in June, just as the fight with Hachette was brewing.

Graphic Novels/Comics - I've been reading more of them this year than I
have for a long time. Guilty pleasure? I guess so. Image Comics is a nice
alternative to Marvel and DC in that the authors retain copyright and
artistic control.

Alex + Ada - about the relationship between artificial intelligence and
humans in a world where androids exist and have the potential to become
sentient. Covers some of the same ground as the movie Her, but with the
luxury of diving deeper as the series goes on.
The Walking Dead - how have I never read these? I binged on borrowed copies
over the long Labor Day weekend and have been buying new issues since.
Still haven't seen the TV series.
Fables - I'm just getting started with this series (and its spin-offs), but
I agree with Paula that this is better than Once Upon A Time.
Velvet - a British spy thriller.