Director of Marketing & Community
Authorea
New York City

What we are looking for. Our user base has grown very quickly organically, but
we want to take things to the next level, which is where our search for YOU
comes in. We are looking for an all-star to run all of Marketing and
Community; someone who is energized, enthusiastic, data-driven, creative,
optimistic and passionate about the future of science. You will be tasked with
leading Authorea's business objectives, including brand awareness, user
growth, lead generation and new business revenues. You will lead online and
email marketing, community engagement, social media and work collaboratively
with PR/communications. You will be the external voice of Authorea, by
introducing researchers to our unique tool, and staying engaged with our
growing community. You will work with the world's premier universities
closely, and will have the opportunity to travel globally. You will be a part
of a dynamic, passionate team of cool Ph.D.-level scientists.

What you will do.

Develop and execute overall marketing strategy for Authorea to drive
awareness, engagement and product adoption

Think strategically and creatively to drive initiatives that are aligned with
Authorea, consistent with company goals

Develop expertise of our community of users and provide insights into how
Authorea may resonate with community both inside and outside of the product

Strategize, develop and execute lead generation campaigns for marketing and
sales campaigns

Establish a strong community management strategy and program for our users
(the academic community who love and use Authorea)

Identify key, vocal, enthusiastic brand ambassadors of Authorea

Interpret insights from marketing analytics and translate those insights into
actionable marketing campaigns and initiatives

Use hypothesis-driven method to structure and analyze major business and
customer questions

Evangelize Authorea through webinars, roundtables, blogs, podcasts, social
media, and events to generate market awareness and for sales

Who we are looking for.

At least 5 years experience in marketing within technology or academia

Excellent written and oral communications skills, including copyediting

The ability to navigate and oversee all components of a tech marketing team:
Digital and email marketing, User Acquisition and retention, Public Relations,
Community Evangelism, Community Management, Branding, Marketing Analytics,
etc.

Strong quantitative skills

Strong closing, presentation and interpersonal skills

Extra desirable.

Experience selling or working with the academic/research market: libraries,
professors, R&D labs, etc.

A background in the life sciences

Genuine passion for open science and academia!

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/18503/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/