I have both a locally hosted and a "cloud" hosted Mediawiki install.
The cloud hosted one is a one-click install on DreamHost. I am pleased
with DreamHost as a hosting service and use it for other things
including Wordpress and dotProject. Incidently, I also manage a
Hostmonster hosted wordpress install and have had no problem with them
although I haven't used Mediawiki on their service.

Edward