Hello,

Is streaming (viewing online) copyrighted material illegal for individuals. According to the copyright.gov website this seems to be completely legal for the viewer when there isn't a copy of the work on the viewers computer. It only mentions hosting streams as being a misdemeanor, even if there isn't any profit.

This is becoming a huge issue as more content consumers become cord cutters. Has any librarians faced these questions?

I am planning on implementing Kodi in my library, but will only make public domain material accessible. Kodi provides an excellent user interface for organizing and viewing public domain material.

Thanks,

Cornel Darden Jr.
MSLIS
Library Department Chair
South Suburban College
7087052945

"Our Mission is to Serve our Students and the Community through lifelong learning."

Sent from my iPhone