I'm sure none of us wants to get sued or fired. So caution is
understandable, especially as individuals. As institutions, always erring
on the side of caution is a recipe for steady erosion of fair use, public
domain, and other rights. Libraries should be at the forefront of
protecting those rights, and, where possible, expanding them.

Best,

Mark
--
Mark Notess
Head, User Experience and Digital Media Services