Fables by Bill Willingham is my very favorite graphic novel series.  It's an entirely new take on all your favorite storybook characters.  If you watch Once Upon a Time, note that Fables is better.  Fables helped me find my way the The Unwritten series by Mike Carey.  There's a Fables/Unwritten crossover comic that just came out this year.  In the Unwritten, characters from books spill out into the real world and people from the real world get sucked into books.

In a completely other place for graphic novels, check out American Vampire by Scott Snyder.  These vampires most definitely do not sparkle in the sun.

I have also truly enjoyed reading the Library Wars manga series by Kiiro Yumi.  I couldn't resist a series about military librarians protecting libraries and books from government forces.

Finally, one TV recommend, Adventure Time.  This cartoon has a lot of grown-up humor and themes (Lady Rainicorn was pregnant and had puppies/unicorn-rainbowish babies with Jake the dog a season or so ago) and BMO, the cute, talking computer/game is irresistible.

I am really enjoying reading everyone else's posts.  I probably already have enough reading, watching and gaming options to last the next couple of years.

~ Paula