I wanted to send this weekend hack project out to the Code4Lib community as others may find it useful (or want to contribute). I created a Leaflet <http://leafletjs.com/> plugin for viewing IIIF images: https://github.com/mejackreed/Leaflet-IIIF .

Check out the demo <http://mejackreed.github.io/Leaflet-IIIF/examples/example.html>.

We are already using Leaflet in GeoBlacklight and didn’t want to introduce a new slippy map type interface for IIIF images. It also has the advantage of being keyboard accessible out of the box with great touch support (Check out the demo on an iPad).

Thanks and I would love to hear back how others might want to use this.

Best,

Jack Reed
Geospatial Web Engineer
@mejackreed