I agree that Adventure Time is supremely awesome.

As far as books, my two favorite reads this year were The Goldfinch by
Donna Tartt (it won the Pulitzer for fiction this year) and the other book
was a collection of short stories by Ben Loory named Stories for Nighttime
and Some for the Day (This American Life featured him reading the story
Death and Fruits of the Tree on episode #527: 180 Degrees) which blew my
mind so i had to read the entire collection.