On Jan 6, 2015, at 5:01 PM, Cindi Blyberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Based on previous experience, I doubt this truly captures whether someone
> thinks of themselves as a librarian.  I've always found those categories
> arbitrary (an MLS does not a librarian make) and sometimes divisive.

An MLS might not a librarian make, but you generally cannot get a job as one without it.

And if you’re not actually a librarian, I’m not sure why you’re calling yourself one, unless we’re talking shorthand in lieu of boring people to death about what you do for a living (which I’ve certainly used in the past). But I don’t think that would apply in the context of ALA.

-Ross.