I'm running with it, then. I will not have the brain time slotted for such
a template until later this week.

Also, very related: (skip to the tl;dr section if you do not want to read
the ramblings of a documentarian)

There are a few spots on the wiki dedicated to conference planning
documentation:

- http://wiki.code4lib.org/How_To_Plan_A_Code4LibCon
- http://wiki.code4lib.org/Conference_Financial_History_At_A_Glance
- Various lessons learned pages

One of the things I've been meaning to do is to look through at least the
first page to see what can be added or changed to ensure that we only
experience a minimal loss of tacit and explicit knowledge involved with
planning the con each year while making it easier for future con planners
to access and to use this information. It might be that this could turn
into a major documentation project. HOWEVER, I need to take a closer look
to see what can realistically be done. It might be templates, it might be
timelines, it might be forms, it might be other things, or it might be all
of the above. Again, I need to sit down and come up with a concrete
proposal to bring back to y'all, complete with recommendations/action
plans. ;c)

I've already got one "I'll help!" from me thinking out loud on Twitter
(thanks Coral!). Other folks are welcome to say "I'll help!" *off list*.
Please. Check the to: field if you're just going to say that you'll help
;c) Save everyone else's inboxes!

tl;dr - Becky is finally getting off her butt and running through the con
planning documentation to see how we can help future con
planners/volunteers run the best conference they can put on. Help
appreciated with action plan/recommendations after initial survey (ping off
list).

Cheers,
Becky

/me wonders "what am I getting myself into this time?" as she hits the send
button...