On 2/13/15 2:13 PM, Sarah Weissman wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Francis Kayiwa <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> On 2/13/15 1:46 PM, Sarah Weissman wrote:
>>
>>> Was streaming video for the conference advertised? I can't find any
>>> mention
>>> of it in the mailing list or on the conference webpage.
>>>

>> It would be difficult (irresponsible?) to advertise something in advance
>> when it is solely funded by volunteers.
>>
>> The conference wiki did have information on this.
>>

> I don't see how telling the mailing list that you are providing a public
> YouTube channel for live streaming a conference would be irresponsible.

I was addressing the following specific case.

"...Hey the conference will be recorded. This is the channel where video
will be..."

Then no one volunteers to actually make it happen.

That would be irresponsible.

Planning these things is tough work with numerous moving parts. Could it
have been posted once we were underway? Perhaps. That said there was 450
odd people who were there none of whom (the author included) thought to
send a message on availability of video to this listserv. (I know for
certain it was tweeted and re-tweeted)

Cheers,
./fxk

--