Forsyth Library at Fort Hays State University, Hays, Kansas, seeks a creative and service-oriented
colleague to build, curate, and promote the libraryís unique digital collections and to partner with others across campus in a variety of academic digital initiatives.
- American Library Association-accredited Masterís degree (MA/MLS/MLIS/MIS).
- Experience managing digital projects.
- Knowledge of emerging best practices related to digital collections, curation, digital preservation, and the requisite technologies that support these practices.
- Experience using a variety of metadata standards used in digital collections (e.g., EAD, MODS, METS, VRA Core, Dublin Core).
- Familiarity with digital and metadata conversion technologies, digital object standards, and optimal workflows for curation.
- Ability to collaborate successfully within FHSU or vendorís technical staff responsible for scripting, programming and systems administration.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, cooperatively, and collaboratively with a variety of individuals and groups across an organization to accomplish initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and implement projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially for the purpose of describing standards and procedures.
- Comfortable working in an environment that embraces rapid change and collegiality.
- Two or more yearsí experience in building and curating digital collections in a digital repository service (e.g. ContentDM, DSpace, Islandora/Fedora, Digital Commons).
- Experience with XML.
- Knowledge of one or more scripting and/or programming languages, XSLT, HTML, XHTML, CSS and ADA guidelines.
- Familiarity with best practices relating to audio visual materials.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience working directly with students and faculty.
- Experience with inter-institutional collaboration.
- Successful experience in grant writing and grant management.
- Experience working with digital repository systems.
Complete position description and application instructions available at:
Application review will begin March 16, 2015, and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
Notice of Non-discrimination: Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability
or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.