On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 9:51 AM, Laura Krier <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I think too often we present our collections to students through the
> framework of our own workflows and functional handling of materials

This.

We also try too hard to convey distinctions that aren't important to users
for the sake of technical accuracy. As a result, we sometimes introduce
problems that are worse than what we were trying to solve in first place.

There is also the issue that many people find library materials through
mechanisms other than the library provided silos -- particularly networked
resources. In reality, significant percentage of these users don't even
realize they're using the library.

kyle