I can't speak to doing this specifically on Drupal, but in terms of
measuring clicks I would simplify. We use google analytics and at each
place I've been I've just set up some custom events analytics code to
record specific types of clicks. Here at the TMC Library we're now
recording database clicks with that mechanism. In terms of a database list,
I've gone a few routes. When I was at the University of New Mexico, where I
had no access to backend databases for most of my tenure, I built an A-Z
list in XML that plugged into our junky CMS (Cascade Server). It worked
quite well. However, I'm more interested in extracting things like that
from a central data node, like serial solutions or intota. Here at TMC
we're using intota, and I've built a php script to extract the contents of
one of the reports and populate into a MySQL database for capturing that
information. At my last library we used serial solutions, and, while I
didn't plug that into the website, I did have to build a script that could
parse a serial solutions csv file into a google books xml format so that Ex
Libris' rather unfortunate Primo tool could make sense of it for discovery
purposes. That file, of course, covered individual publications as well as
other linked objects. It's available on my github site.

Best regards,
*Jason Bengtson, MLIS, MA*
Innovation Architect

*Houston Academy of MedicineThe Texas Medical Center Library*
1133 John Freeman Blvd
Houston, TX   77030
http://library.tmc.edu/
www.jasonbengtson.com