Real quick: I'll throw this out there.
A less obtrusive way to "encode" the date of event might be to stick it in
a tag - if that's possible with the software you use for both calendars.
It would be with WordPress, for instance.

That's to say, depending on what gets placed in the RSS feed from both
applications, there might be a prettier way to handle it rather then
junking up your titles.

--
Nitin Arora
nitaro74 (at) gmail (dot) com