There are a number of shortcuts:

1 the oxgarage web service http://www.tei-c.org/oxgarage/ will do the DOC,
HTML, ePub transformation for you (this uses the same stylesheets, I
believe) or
2 you can use a web server that speaks xsl 2.0 and do an on-the-fly
conversion or
3 you can publish the xml and style it in the browser  using XSL
http://dcl.ils.indiana.edu/teibp/ or CSS
http://wiki.tei-c.org/index.php/Comprehensive_CSS_Stylesheet

I would encourage you to maintain links back to the original version
control copy for corrections.

cheers
stuart