This survey will be of interest to some on this list.  - Tom

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Joan K. Lippincott" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [CNI-ANNOUNCE] 2015 ETD Survey - Call for participation
Date: June 1, 2015 at 6:40:00 AM PDT
To: "CNI-ANNOUNCE -- News from the Coalition" <[log in to unmask]>

Many universities have ETD programs but we still lack good data, as my colleague Gail McMillan from Virginia Tech, describes below. I encourage you to participate in this survey.
--Joan Lippincott, CNI
------------------------------

2015 ETD Survey: A Comprehensive Survey of ETD Practices

ETDs (Electronic Theses and Dissertations) have been part of academia for over 20 years, yet we lack comparative data over time. This is only the second study of general practices of academic institutions regarding ETDs. This study will identify current best practices as well as problem areas for all institutions to be aware of, and it will chart the longitudinal progress of ETD initiatives.

Please take 15 minutes to complete this survey (or forward this email to a more appropriate person at your institution) and remedy the shallow depths of statistical data available about ETDs.

Click here to take the ETD survey or paste the URL below into your Internet browser. We promise that it really won’t take longer than 15 minutes to respond.

http://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3O6KFl5BhthVuTz

It is my goal to repeat this survey every two years and to post the results widely in easily accessible public repositories. The results of the first baseline survey, “2013 NDLTD Survey of ETD Practices,” are available at http://hdl.handle.net/10919/50978.

Thank you very much for participating in this important survey.

Gail McMillan
Director, Scholarly Communication
Professor, Virginia Tech Libraries
Board of Directors, Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD)
[log in to unmask]   540-231-9252

To unsubscribe from the DLF-ANNOUNCE list, click the following link:
http://lists.clir.org/scripts/wa-CLIR.exe?SUBED1=DLF-ANNOUNCE&A=1