Hi Matt.

Re: finding words in all caps, yes it's possible. See this SO answer to
help: http://stackoverflow.com/a/4255225/2145103

Re: italics, my hunch is that you could do so if you got hold of the xml
behind the word doc, which I'd assume would have something like an
`<italic>` tags or attribute values of `italic` in the markup.

good luck!

Brian Zelip

---

Emerging Technologies Librarian

Health Sciences & Human Services Library

University of Maryland, Baltimore

410-706-8865