From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peter Mangiafico
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] survey of image analysis packages

I am conducting a survey of software used for image analysis and metadata enhancement.  Examples include facial recognition, object identification, similarity matching, and so on.  The goal is to understand if it is possible to use algorithmic techniques to improve discoverability in a large dataset consisting mostly of images.  The main project I am working on is automobile history (http://revslib.stanford.edu <http://revslib.stanford.edu/> <http://revslib.stanford.edu/ <http://revslib.stanford.edu/>>) but the techniques can of course be applied much more widely.  I'm interested in a broad sweep, could be open source, commercial, service model, API, etc.  If you have projects you are aware of, or tools you have used or heard about, and wouldn't mind sending me an email, I'd appreciate it!  Thanks,

Peter Mangiafico
Stanford University Libraries