> Alberto,
>
> > Thanks, this is useful information although it does not help us in
> allowing
> > the user to select from a list via autocomplete (which is what we are
> > aiming for).
>
> Just out of curiosity, can I ask you to expand on what you’re trying to
> accomplish with such a list, and why it’s useful?
>
> - Tom

We want to support openurl linking in our service (a search engine for the
literature in astronomy and physics) and to do that users who create an
account are allowed to select their institution's library link server.  So
essentially we are saying "tell us where you work and we'll create the most
appropriate links to fulltext articles for you."

Right now the list of institutions and associated openurl servers has been
assembled by hand based on feedback from users and librarians.  A more
exhaustive list would be welcome.

Thanks,
-- Alberto