Interesting to hear that AS is more a management tool rather than a digital asset management tool.  Can you elaborate?

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cary Gordon
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 4:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] archivespace vs contentdm

If your goal is digital asset management, you might want to consider a more complete and modern solution like Islandora or Hydra. ContentDM is a bit long in the tooth, expensive, and does not manage and store original assets.

Archivesspace has some overlap with asset management tools, but really it is intended to serve the archivist community. It is more of a management tool.

We work with Islandora, a mashup of Drupal and the Fedora repository system. It is an end-to-end operation that offers everything from ingest to display. We offer hosting , training, customization and support. The software, of course, is free and open-source.

We also work with Archivesspace.

Thanks,

Cary Gordon, MLS
The Cherry Hill Company
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__chillco.com&d=BQIDAg&c=URKFmO0h1-PpCttSQ3v_bEhalPi_sNmh-_LG0Bso5YA&r=UmjVf-1YCnSJ8ymaevl-35Anh5CG-YF09ZrBGH_xV3U&m=Y36UKe3GI_JwX8S6vnj8k-2G4vwC7JCdGwWdN85QJxg&s=YqMwqwP4Xy1MVI6H4Ce4PedhCcHyQ51M48E7RkAGCFs&e=