We just signed on as an AS member with Lyrasis.  At this point, it's unlikely we would consider adopting other solutions.  We also use ContentDM as our front-end Web presentation of our archives collection.  My initial question was, is that a good combination?  Thanks.  - Kelly

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cary Gordon
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 6:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] archivespace vs contentdm

I would rather let AS speak for itself.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.archivesspace.org_overview&d=BQIFaQ&c=URKFmO0h1-PpCttSQ3v_bEhalPi_sNmh-_LG0Bso5YA&r=UmjVf-1YCnSJ8ymaevl-35Anh5CG-YF09ZrBGH_xV3U&m=21wYRg9PxyEeOZGW5edh3QXYJHBE_kOjSD8JHtjQ8dE&s=4w_81yrrwdu64xk0YcPm3nYynyFes3_vYkNNs-IKvR4&e=

I don't think that I made a clear distinction, and like many modern tools, AS can do a lot beyond its core function. It can be used to present digital collections, but that is not its strength. It can also integrate with repository software — I have seen it working with DSpace — to provide a more integrated, archive oriented solution.

I am far from being an AS expert. How does your institution use Archivesspace?

Cary

--
Cary Gordon
The Cherry Hill Company