• Provide leadership and skill in the adoption and application of digital research and learning technologies.
• Establish and maintain effective working relations with academic departments and other campus units that use Digital CC as a repository engaged in collaborative digital projects with academic support units that share “Center” space, and with others on campus.
• Lead or participate in innovative digitization projects of Colorado College and the library.
• Manage the overall operations of Digital CC; collaborate with the Metadata & Systems Librarian to manage metadata, assuring access at various levels.
• Market and promote the digital repository to the campus, to college alumni, and to other institutions and individuals in southern Colorado.
• Create metadata and provide expertise in cataloguing protocols for a variety of digital files.
• Supervise library staff and students who assist with depositing born-digital materials, digitizing paper materials, and creating metadata; provide leadership within the library in use of innovative research technologies and other educational technologies.
• Collaborate with the College Archivist in making historical materials in archives and special collections available digitally.
• Manage the authorization and authentication system of Digital CC and ensure user access.
• Provide access and preservation of digital documents for other academic and administrative units on campus.
• Expand content and utility of Digital CC, manage the preservation of its digital files
• Manage theses created digitally by Colorado College students; collect, catalog and preserve student and department publications and other digital objects (video, audio, data sets, etc.) related to campus and athletic events; collect and preserve digital material
of historical and scholarly interest to CC faculty, students and alumni, and to the wider community.
• Provide preservation and access to noted and award winning radio broadcasts of KRCC.
• Participate in the Alliance ‘Best Practices’ interest group concerning digital repositories.
• As a member of the professional staff of the library, participate in shared services such as research assistance and instruction, as well as maintain liaison responsibilities to one or more academic departments.
o Support and contribute to the goal of achieving greater diversity at Colorado College and work effectively with the many constituencies in a college environment.
o Promote a culture of safety and environmental protection by working in a safe manner; immediately reporting unsafe situations and accidents; following college procedures; and participating in appropriate safety training.
o Act in a socially responsible manner and model environmental sustainability by exercising financial prudence, use college resources wisely, and support ecological initiatives and innovation.
o Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Master of Library and Information Science degree or equivalent plus a minimum of two years of experience in digital content management or extensive post-secondary coursework related to digital archives; basic knowledge of Institutional Repository systems
and best practices; basic knowledge of and skills in public relations and promotion; experience using Dublin Core, MODS, and similar cataloguing protocols; knowledge of the needs and services of records management for an academic
Experience with Islandora, Hydra, or a similar institutional repository software; experience with Fedora 4 and RDF Linked Data; working knowledge of BIBFRAME and Schema.org Linked Data Vocabularies; experience
with or knowledge of the Alliance Digital Repository’ experience managing an institutional repository and supervision of staff; familiarity with a small, residential undergraduate liberal arts institution.