The following is a message from Tamara Pianos of the EEXCESS project and the German National Library for Economics.

EEXCESS has recently released several new prototype plugins and a browser extension for discovery of cultural and scientific resources, and warmly invites DLF community feedback on the tools and/or expressions of interest in sharing content: http://eexcess.eu

Bethany Nowviskie

Begin forwarded message:

From: Pianos Tamara <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Tests by DLF members or integration of content?:: EU Project EEXCESS New Prototypes for accessing Digital Library Content

The project is about making access to quality documents easier for users and to make it easy for content providers to make their content more visible.

This is what EEXCESS is about:
New Tools for Online Research – EU Project EEXCESS Releases Four New Prototypes
The aim of the new software is to make exactly those special resources available to the users that fit their profile and their current search history. For this, entirely new recommendation technologies have been developed.
The EU project EEXCESS addresses new methods for providing information on the internet. The motto reads: “Take the content to the user, not the user to the content!” Through a user interface that can be integrated into the Google Chrome browser, the Google Docs editor, the blogging software WordPress or the learning management system Moodle, the user constantly receives automated recommendations from cultural databases like www.europeana.eu or from academic literature databases like www.mendeley.com (academic papers) or www.econbiz.de(economic literature). These recommendations can then be included into a text as references, for example. The number of associated databases is extended continuously.
All four prototypes are available for free download. Please find the links on www.eexcess.eu.
Ten partners from Austria, United Kingdom, France, Switzerland and Germany are involved in the project. The scientific coordinator is Professor Michael Granitzer from the University of Passau, general project coordinator is Joanneum Research from Graz. The budget amounts to approx. 6.9 billion euros, the project ends in July 2016.

Content by interested content providers can be more or less easily integrated.
http://eexcess.eu/content-providers/

Testing of the prototypes in appreciated:
The EU Project EEEXCESS developed a search support tool for automatic search inside a web page. We would like to know, how this tool is perceived by users, and what we can do to improve it. We prepared a short questionnaire to assess the usability of the tool. We would be very thankful if you could take the time to test the prototype and answer the short questions.  The survey is anonymous.
Please visit
http://digital.joanneum.at/umfrage/eexcess to get to the survey (English version at the bottom of the page).

My presentation of the project at the emtacl in Norway in April this year can be found here: http://de.slideshare.net/Pianos/2015-0421eexcess-emtacl?ref=http://emtacl.com/conference-presentations/

If you are at all interested or if you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best regards
Tamara

DR. TAMARA PIANOS
Head of Information Provision and Access

ZBW - German National Library of Economics Leibniz Information Centre for Economics
Duesternbrooker Weg 120 D -24105 Kiel
T: +49–431–8814–365
F: +49–431–8814–520
E: [log in to unmask]" style="color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" class="">[log in to unmask]
www.zbw.eu
www.econbiz.de

http://www.zbw.eu/en/search/econbiz-mobile/tamara-pianos/

Ask EconDesk, the information service of the ZBW:
www.econdesk.de

To unsubscribe from the DLF-ANNOUNCE list, click the following link:
http://lists.clir.org/scripts/wa-CLIR.exe?SUBED1=DLF-ANNOUNCE&A=1