I'm looking at how to match print (p) and electronic (e) editions of the same
book in our collection.  There is no connection between them in our system
(VuFind in front of Symphony).

For example, two catalogue entries for two versions of COMPOSING JAPANESE
MUSICAL MODERNITY, entirely separate:

+ https://www.library.yorku.ca/find/Record/3238132
+ https://www.library.yorku.ca/find/Record/3311584

I want know they're the same book so I can do more usage and collection
analysis.  I've been looking at two ways of doing it with data available right
now:

1 a) MARC 020 (ISBN) can list multiple ISBNs. We have e books where the p
editions are listed.

1 b) MARC 776 (additional physical form entry) for e books can list a p ISBN or
other control number. If we have that edition, great. If not, need to go from e
-> p-we-don't-have -> p-we-do-have, which I could do with xISBN.

2) OCLC's xISBN. When it reports other editions of the same work, it can include
e versions.

There is also:

3) Vendors supplying data.  For example, YBP seems to have all the p and e
editions of books tied together.  We could ask.

I've been looking around but can't find any discussion about making these
connections.  Have any of you done it?  Know of it being done in code I can see?
Written it up?

Thanks for any pointers,

Bill
--