We live in a world where the are repercussions of calling out people for sexual harassment.  Not to put too fine a point on it, we live in a world where people were recently sued for doing just that.  So I think it's completely necessary to have an anonymous method of raising concerns, if you really want people to raise concerns with the conference organizers.

-Esmé