On 19 March 2016, Alison Macrina wrote:

> Hi all, Andromeda forwarded me this email and so I decided to join the
> list in case anyone wants to chat about Tor relays (exits and non-exits)
> in libraries.

Welcome---I'm glad you joined.

I work at a large university where the library has a small IT department and the
university has a large one.  University IT ultimately controls everything about
networking and security.  Library IT is concerned about security, and library
administration is concerned about making sure our contracts with vendors aren't
broken by us accidentally opening up JSTOR and PsycInfo to Tor users.

How have academic libraries like mine been arranging exit nodes?  Do you have
any advice, regarding the technology and the advocacy, that would help?  We tell
vendors our IP range---how could I convince people to set up a new one for the
exit node?

Bill
--
William Denton ↔  Toronto, Canada ↔  https://www.miskatonic.org/