Nominations are now open for the first annual Digital Library Federation Community/Capacity Award!

https://www.diglib.org/opportunities/community-capacity-award/

The DLF Comm/Cap Award is a new expression of gratitude from the full Digital Library Federation membership, to be selected each year by vote.

First announced at the "Community and Capacity" panel of the 2015 DLF Forum, Comm/Caps are not prizes for pure innovation, individualism, or disruption. Instead, this award honors constructive capacity-building in digital libraries and allied fields: efforts that contribute to our ability to collaborate across institutional lines and/or work toward something larger, together. DLF Comm/Caps are about community spirit, generosity, openness, and care for fellow digital library, archives, and museum practitioners and for the various publics and missions we serve.

The 2016 DLF Comm/Cap Award will go to an inspiring project, team, or person selected by the Digital Library Federation membership at large (one org, one vote: DLF member institutions will decide locally how to make their pick!). Nominated work may be primarily technical, social, or a blend of the two, and there is no requirement that nominees be affiliated with a DLF member institution.

This year's winner (person or group) will receive a $1000 prize, one free Forum registration, and assistance with travel expenses to make it possible for a representative to accept the award in person at the 2016 DLF Forum in Milwaukee, WI, 7-9 November 2016: https://www.diglib.org/forums/2016forum/

Send your nominations now through May 1st: http://goo.gl/forms/SEPqkxGgl0

— and help DLF celebrate the community spirit that makes our field more than the sum of its parts.

Bethany Nowviskie
Director of the Digital Library Federation (DLF) at CLIR
Research Associate Professor of Digital Humanities at UVa
diglib.org<http://diglib.org> | clir.org<http://clir.org> | ndsa.org<http://ndsa.org> | nowviskie.org<http://nowviskie.org>